"In keeping with their goal to democratize knowledge, and in line with current collaborative trends, public libraries are increasingly turning to a partnership model to meet user needs, both for day-to-day tasks and for project planning and management.
The MetLib 2017 Montréal program entitled Partnerships: Creating a new vision for libraries will delve deeper into the different aspects of partnerships by exploring the following sub-themes:
- What is a partnership; why and how should they be formed;
- Types of partnership: philanthropy, round tables, etc.;
- Partnership management tools, such as operational frameworks, policies, guidelines and regulations;
- Partnership pros and cons;
- Best practices, success stories and learning opportunities;
- Surprising and innovative intersectoral partnerships between: government departments, associations, cultural organizations, the scientific community, schools, professional associations, etc."